Here is a teaser of our events for the 2018 Golden Games. Click through the dates for a sample of the day’s events or go to our events page for full listing.
- May 18 - 20, 2018
- Friday May 18, 2018
- Saturday May 19, 2018
- Sunday May 20, 2018
At First Bank they measure success by building lifelong relationships. Their comprehensive selection of personal products and solutions are designed to help you focus on your long-term goals while effectively meeting your financial needs. With a passion for exceeding your expectations, they offer a variety of account choices, convenient access options and outstanding service whether you are banking with them in person or online. Our family has banked with them since 1974, and they are great.
For more than five years now, Elevation Outdoors magazine has been the leading guide to outdoor sports, health/fitness and adventure travel in Colorado and Rocky Mountain West and beyond. Distributed 10 times annually statewide Elevation Outdoors has established itself as the region’s top regional outdoor publication.
Video & Pictures
The 2018 Golden Games are scheduled to take place May 18-20 in Golden, Colorado. The Golden Games was recognized by Elevation Outdoors Magazine as “Best Paddling Event in the Rockies” – 2016 & 2017! Mission Statement: “The Golden Games will continuously seek to bring together a wide variety of communities to celebrate outdoor adventure sports through competition, special events, entertainment, and lifestyle events in the culturally rich setting of Golden, CO.”
There will be numerous events highlighting:
- SUP(Stand Up Paddling
- Slack Lining
- Fly Fishing
- Plus, our Vendor Village!
Free activities may include but will not limited to:
- Paddle with the Pros clinic, how to fly fishing clinics, SUP clinics
- Slack Line Clinics/Demos sponsored by Slackline Industries all weekend. Free Slackline giveaway everyday.
- Sunset BBQ on Friday, May 18th Awards and After Party on Saturday May 19th
- Don’t miss our “Slack Line Sick Trick” event showcasing the sport’s best athletes on a slack line Saturday, May 19th at 3pm!
Competitions may include but will not be limited to:
- 5 different competitions for kayaking: down river race on the “Screaming ¼ Mile” rapid in Clear Creek Canyon, a freestyle competition, a “Safety Team Relay Competition”, Slalom, and a Boater-X at the whitewater park in Golden.
- The SUP competitions will be: SUP Joust Tournament, Shamboomee Sunset SUP Race at Soda Lakes, SUP Surfing Competition, Downriver SUP Sprint, Downriver SUP Cross.
- The fly fishing competition: starts at Lion’s Park with a “casting competition” and we also have targets
competitors must hit on Clear Creek. The top 10 will advance to the fly fishing finals.
- The fly fishing finals: consist of a 3-hour fishing competition in Clear Creek Canyon. Each Angler gets a 1/8 mile “beat.” Anglers receive points for the fish and it’s lenght. The person who catches the most inches of fish will determine the winner.
The Golden Games is proud to announce our partnership with Trout Unlimited and American Whitewater. It is our mission to raise awareness and expand the reach of these organizations for future service related missions.
With over 150,000 volunteers, we work to conserve, protect and restore North America’s coldwater fisheries and their watersheds. Today Trout Unlimited is a national organization with more than 150,000 volunteers organized into about 400 chapters from Maine to Montana to Alaska. This dedicated grassroots army is matched by a respected staff of lawyers, policy experts and scientists, who work out of more than 30 offices nationwide. These conservation professionals ensure that TU is at the forefront of fisheries restoration work at the local, state and national levels.
Founded in 1954, American Whitewater is a national non-profit organization (Non-profit # 23-7083760) with a mission “to conserve and restore America’s whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.” American Whitewater is a membership organization representing a broad diversity of individual whitewater enthusiasts, river conservationists, and more than 100 local paddling club affiliates across America. The organization is the primary advocate for the preservation and protection of whitewater rivers throughout the United States, and connects the interests of human-powered recreational river users with ecological and science-based data to achieve the goals within its mission.
Here at the Golden Games, we are very thankful for all of the volunteers that make this event happen. We really couldn’t do it without you.